Virtual servers are servers such as Microsoft Windows servers that run virtualized within one physical box. This means 2 or 3 virtual servers can run on a single physical server. This was done because most servers resources are never fully utilized. Having virtual server setup captures the full resources of the physical server and it give it huge flexibility as to add / remove resources as you go. In additional to adding more virtual servers if needs arise.
Virtualizing Your Server Environment With Us Guarantees:
- Highly available managed infrastructure: servers and network connectivity
- System backup and recovery. VMs are backed up daily and the retention period is 30 days. Backups are replicated off site daily to satisfy any off site requirements.
- IT Services managed shared firewall context
- Standard and Advanced, Windows or Linux Virtual Machines can be provisioned within 48 hours of request
- 24/7/365 support based on business requirements and established SLA
- Assisted systems and capacity planning
- System(s) will be behind a managed firewall and reside on a managed VMware cluster of servers for reliability, availability and serviceability
Virtual Server Solutions Offers Customized Windows and Linux Virtual Machines (VM).
Clients will be able to purchase additional vCPUs, RAM in 1GB increments and storage, as needed. Clients are able to operate and maintain their own VM and applications remotely, or have us perform the work under System Administration services.
Most new setups are done with some virtualization to tap into the great benefits. Here is a list of these benefits:
- Flexibility – Ability add / remove servers.
- Add/remove resources. Greater manageability
- Lower cost by having only one physical machine
- Greener – it saves on your energy bill by running only one machine
- Ability to extend the life of older servers by virtualization they can reside on newer hardware
- Ability to take snapshots of the server for later recovery